Eh, I think I’ll start doing some album reviews. Nothing too in depth or fancy; just what I think of an album, followed by a numerical rating (it’ll be in the same vein of Anthony Fantano’s style, i.e. strong, light). I might include favorite tracks and least favorite tracks. Who knows. I may not even post anything, because I’m so dang busy.
Anyways, here’s what each number rating roughly means:
- 1: I did not like this album at all. There were absolutely no redeeming qualities about it.
- 2 – 4: Didn’t particularly enjoy the album. There might have been some songs I liked, but they were far and few.
- 5 – 6: Middle of the road album. I probably liked about half the songs.
- 7: Pretty enjoyable album. A majority of the songs were enjoyable, and the bad ones weren’t terrible.
- 8: Very solid album. Maybe one or two songs I didn’t like, tops. Immediately puts it into contention for my top 10 albums of the year.
- 9: Darn near perfect. Every single song on this album is fantastic, including the ones that aren’t as good. Pretty rare score. Put into contention for top 10 albums and potentially album of the year.
- 10: Essentially perfect. Every song is incredible, and order of the tracks has a very good flow. Everything about the album is incredible. Put into contention for top 10 albums, and album of the year. Potentially one of my favorite albums of all time.
Yeah, that’s it. As it stands, I think I only have one or two 10 albums. Maybe I’ll do reviews of those ones.
Watch, it’ll be at least a month until I do a review.
This is a short film my friends Andrew Davalos and Andrew Davis and I made for a class. I play the man using his phone. It was the first time working with Andrew Davis, and I was blown away by the way he saw things, and how he knew just what he wanted and how to get it. I look forward to working with him in the future.
Also, here’s a poster I made for it. I used the program ArtStudio on my tablet.